There are initially 5,000,000,000 (five billion) EDG tokens minted, divisible up to 18 decimal places. Initially, inflation is set to 158 EDG per block. This implies approximately 997,220,160 EDG in the first year, or just under 20% inflation. The total amount of EDG minted will remain the same year after year, causing the percentage inflation to be disinflationary, with yearly inflation falling to approximately 16.6% in the second year. Additionally, a system-wide vote may further increase or decrease inflation. Half of the inflation will be voted upon by token holders for various uses.
Articles in this section
- How do I retrieve my ETH after the Lockdrop is over?
- How many EDG will be minted and distributed in the Lockdrop Event?
- Generalized Lock Policy: Who can Appeal and How?
- How can I verify if my lock or signal worked
- Can I track the lockdrop and signal participation stats?
- When does the lockdrop and signal period end?
- What is the most recent update to the lockdrop
- Is there an Ambassador Program?
- Where are the lockdrop contracts?
- Why participate in the lockdrop?